For the cruise season 2020, Kristiansund launched a crew guide with insider tips and crew member discounts for cruise ship crew who visit the town and want to make the most out of their stay.
Due to the covid-19 pandemic, we didn’t get much use of it this year, but an updated version will be presented for 2021.
The crew guide contains an overview of free things to see and do in the centre of Kristiansund, such as churches, a nice walking park, viewpoints, wi-fi spots, library and so on. It also lists the most important tours and attractions, active lifestyle activities such as hiking, swimming and ice skating, suggestions for shopping, eating and more – everything marked on the back-page city map. A number of local businesses offer crew discounts on shopping, food and drinks, entrance fees etc.
The crew are important ambassadors, and we want to make sure they get a good stay and the best possible impression of Kristiansund. We hope that this crew guide will encourage more crew members to go ashore and experience what Kristiansund and its surroundings can offer.
Our top 5 insider tips for Kristiansund town:
1. Sundbåten harbour boat – a great way to explore the town and the four islands of Kristiansund.
2. Patrick Volckmar café and coffee roaster – cosy café in the inner harbour, own coffee blend and great waffles, almost like a museum with many old objects.
3. Vanndamman/Kringsjå/Klubba – park and hiking area in walking distance from the cruise berth. Face the open sea!
4. Mætt & Go – great place for a morning coffee and light food with a local twist. The in-house shop is an oasis of local food, drinks and other products.
5. Fishanbua – best Fish’n’chips in town. Fast food Kristiansund style!
Welcome to Kristiansund!